This week we changed the organization of git repositories, improved German translations and discussed the redesign.
We passed another community milestone…
Over 80 people have contributed to Sylius. “Thank you” is all I can say!
As discussed in the RFC, I reorganized our GitHub structure.
Both of the proposed solutions received similar amount of votes, so it was a bit difficult to decide which way we should go.
I picked the Symfony approach because it simplifies the maintaince and contributing processes.
It has pros and cons, but it is the safest solution – it seems to work well for other projects.
From now on, you do not need to watch and fork 20+ repositories in order to contribute.
While I share some doubts about using git subtree to structure the framework, I believe this pragmatic approach is the right one.
Please help us reviewing the pull request and share your ideas.
Thanks guys! I’m still exploring the possibility of using the Crowdin service. We need to work out a smooth synchronization method between the translating tool and GitHub.
I think we all want Sylius to be beautiful, both in the code and interface. I started the discussion about default theme. Please share your ideas in the redesign RFC.
Sylius SE and the documentation improvements are the priorities for the next week. Unfortunately (for Sylius), tonight I’m leaving for my long-planned holidays, so my activity in the coming two weeks may be a bit lower.
I hope to check GitHub and answer your messages at least once a day. Feel free to drop me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great weekend!