Keen on learning new eCommerce technologies?
Subscribe to our newsletter
and be up to date!
We’re pleased to invite you to our second monthly summary. A lot has happened and even more is going to happen as we’re just about to release the first stable version of our framework.
81 PRs created by 26 contributors, of which 70 was merged. Here are the most interesting ones:
1) Michael Babker has upgraded Sylius to Twig 2.0: https://github.com/Sylius/Sylius/pull/7629
3) Mateusz Zalewski has made Admin loosely coupled with Shop in case of customer impersonation: https://github.com/Sylius/Sylius/pull/8474
4) Ross Kinsman has made shipping handle logic enhancements: https://github.com/Sylius/Sylius/pull/8062
5) Jean-Philippe Bidegain has enabled customising redirections in ResourceBundle: https://github.com/Sylius/Sylius/pull/8383
Also, some new Sylius plugins have showed up thanks to awesome BitBagCommerce.
Read more about our newly built page with all available Sylius extensions and how to create your own plugin in the previous blog post: http://sylius.org/blog/extending-sylius-with-plugins-bundles
The last week of heavy development is ahead of us. Contribute and help us deliver the best eCommerce technology out there!
1) From the beginning of August an awesome agency Solution Drive GmbH has been promoting Sylius in Germany via articles and interviews that show up on their website. We’ve done it many times, but we want to officially thank again this company for what they do. And see you at the Hackathon! (read more in the paragraph “Upcoming Events”)
* “Vom Geheimtipp zum neuen E-Commerce Standard: Sylius” (From the inside tip to the new eCommerce standard) – it all has started with this article written by Andreas Illig, SolutionDrive CEO
* “Sylius – Die Revolution im E-Commerce” (Sylius – The Revolution in E-Commerce) – than, the first part of the Interview with Paweł (Sylius Founder) and Tim (Sylius marketing) conducted by Selma and Constanze showed up. Stay tuned for the second part, it will also come out with the english version of the entire interview!
* “Die Sylius Architektur” (The Architecture of Sylius) – finally, we got an article by Tobias Wojtylak, Senior Web Developer at SolutionDrive. Read more about Tobias and SolutionDrive team here.
4) Jochen G. Fuchs published an article “Open Source: Das neue E-Commerce-Framework Sylius ist ab September verfügbar” (Open Source: The new E-Commerce-Framework Sylius is available from September) in t3n, the leading German magazine about eBusiness, Open Source and innovative technologies.
5) Our Łukasz has read a book “Principles of Package Design” by Matthias Noback and found that Sylius is mentioned there as an example of good package separation. It’s awesome to hear that we were involved in such a good publication. We strongly recommend the book!
Not too much has changed since the last A Month Of Sylius but we can definitely add something here.
1) Firstly, we would like to invite you to the official Live Stream of the Sylius v1.0.0 Release. It will start at 1 p.m. (we like to play against the odds and beat them, so it’s 13th of September at 13:00 :D). Make sure to join the facebook event we will create soon and be online when it’s time!
2) We can already confirm that at least one other company will throw a Sylius Release Party on the same day. If you’re in Belgium, you can join Belgian Symfony User Group at Intracto HQ and celebrate. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/pl-PL/Symfony-User-Group-Belgium/events/243083130/.
3) Before that, you can join Paweł at the first ever official Sylius Q&A Livestream and ask him about v1.0.0 and further development details: https://www.facebook.com/events/114165025922729/
5) Thanks to Carlos Revillo and other developers from The Cocktail we can already announce the first ever Sylius meetup in Madrid, set for 21st of September. Sign up here: https://www.meetup.com/pl-PL/the-cocktail/events/241198101/
6) Part of our devs will attend PolyCon Barcelona on 6-7th of October. If you are there and want to have some chat about our framework, look for smiling guys wearing Sylius T-shirts.
7) At the same time, Paweł will present Sylius at SymfonyCampUA – the biggest Symfony conference in eastern Europe.
8) Finally, we would like to invite you again to another Sylius Hackathon in Germany. This time we are going to meet in Nuremberg on 13-15th of October thanks to Solution Drive GmbH. Our entire Core Team will be there. Let’s have fun together! Register here: https://www.xing.com/events/sylius-hackathon-nurnberg-1838167
1) We’ve started a very fruitful cooperation with OSOM Studio – an interactive agency that supports us with awesome graphics and will professionally help us with various marketing operations.
2) We had a stand at PHPers Summit 2017 – the polish conference for PHPers. There was a lot of interest in our work and to our amaze many developers had already known our framework (check photo album from the conference here). Thank you for all kind words! Our motivation now is bigger than ever. Also we would like to give credits to organizators who gave us a chance to present there. This summit is growing every year and we can’t wait to see what will happen next!
3) Grzegorz joined the Sylius Team. He has been an experienced Sylius contributor for years and our squad is now more powerful than ever!
As you can see, a lot of things are going on and we have not even released the Stable Version yet. We are excited and looking forward to see what future brings and hope you join us on this exciting adventure of making eCommerce development enjoyable again! #SyliusOneZero
Getting Started With Sylius
Subscribe to our newsletter
and be up to date!