November was another month full of work on Sylius Ecosystem development. We’ve seen self organised initiatives and meetups of our community in different parts of Europe. Also, we are receiving more and more contact request from serious eCommerce players from all over the world. Sylius rumour is spreading fast and there’s no stopping it.
1) Sylius v1.0.3.
3) Sylius v1.0.5 – the newest version has been out for 2 days already!
4) Symfony 4.0 & PHP 7.2 were released on November 30. Congrats for the teams shaping the world of PHP! It was a great day for developers. Sylius roadmaps for these updates will be published next week.
3) A Madrid-based agency Elemento115 has organized their first Sylius meetup: Advantages & disadvantages of Sylius as a PHP eCommerce solution. It had a great atmosphere and was really well received by developers. What is more, Sylius meetup Madrid group already has over 70 members. And it’s self-organised!
4) Sylius community has also showed it power at SymfonyCon. Even though we didn’t have any official representant!
* Ivo Lukač gave a talk about eZ Publish & Sylius integration.
* Gabi Udrescu, Product Owner at BestValue.eu (an awesome website based on Sylius) seized the opportunity for a free lightning talk spot and presented “Sylius & eCommerce with Symfony components”.
* Sylius Self Help Group was created – guys from Netgen, Locastic, BoltCMS, Sulu & other Sylius users self arranged a “Sylius Beer-meetup”. It’s a true Open Source magic, isn’t it?!
5) Payum, Sylius built-in payment library, crossed over 1 mln downloads. We are happy to be a part of this success. Love to see other Open Source projects growing and believe it’s crucial to support each other. Congrats, guys!
6) Local magazine from Toulouse published an article about Emagma and Sylius events they are organizing. More info below!
1) Today, December 6 (Happy St. Nicholas Day!) #SyliusOneZero contest winners Emagma are getting the reward in form of a one-day training. It is being led by Łukasz, Sylius Core Developer and Team Leader, at their HQ in Foix.
2) The day after, December 7, Łukasz will play a main role in two more Sylius events organised by Emagma in Toulouse: a workshop and a meetup. The second one is co-arranged by ApéroPHP (the local series of meetups supported by AFUP – the biggest French organisation of PHP users). The interest was so big that the organisers had to activate extra places. Last chance to get them!
4) Elemento115 is arranging another meetup in Madrid on December 19. This time it will be a workshop for more advanced Sylius users. The aim is to learn how to smoothly build a theme that can be applied to any Sylius project.
5) We are setting details of Sylius trainings for some really big agencies and in-house dev teams of huge eCommerce players. Sylius Ecosystem is growing rapidly and we can’t wait to officially launch a Partner Program in the beginning of 2018.
1) Sylius Lead Developer Kamil got many inspirations at Maintainerati, “an unconference, open space for open source software maintainers”. He met with GitHub representatives and maintainers of other Open Source projects and exchanged a lot of valuable experiences. Open Source networking is what we love. See the pictures here.
2) Hiring time! We’re looking for a highly motivated Marketing Executive, who will make Sylius ecosystem grow even faster. You will run our social media channels, co-organize Sylius events and collaborate with people from all around the world. Sounds interesting? See the offer here.
With a continual flow of business requests, we are determined to finish up the year working hard and fruitfully. We are just about to wrap up the first round of partnership deals. First Sylius Solution Partners will be officially announced in January 2018. We already can’t wait.
Btw. New website is on the way. 2018 will be the year of Sylius!